CONTRACT FURNITURE INSTALLATION (The SYSTEMCENTER, Inc.)
employment type: Full-time
Hawaii’s Best in class Furniture and Business Solutions Company – Systemcenter: Career Opportunities, Excellent Benefits, Job / Income Security, Advancement & Professional Development Support!
Systemcenter is looking to bolster and grow our Installation Team. Near term opportunity for 3 to 4 Installation technicians AND 2 Lead Technicians. If you or someone you know is looking for a career, competitive pay, excellent benefits and a team with integrity please share and inquire. One phone call can change your life for the BETTER!
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT LIVING ON OAHU. We are not considering paying for relocation expenses for applicants currently residing outside of Oahu.
Experience is GREAT, Desire to learn and be successful is better. The Systemcenter will provide on the job and factory training. Technical Training, soft skills of customer service and management training (as required). We invest in you and expect a respectful & mutually valuable relationship.
The Systemcenter is a Best in Class local, family owned company with over 44 years of proven success. We are a fully licensed contract furniture & business solutions organization with sales, design, project management and installation capabilities. We represent Top Tier manufacturers and have served Hawaii and the Pacific Rim since 1976. If you are of high character and integrity with aspirations to build a career with the best team in the business, we are looking for you…
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in the receiving, delivery, and installation of furniture and/or storage systems
• Responsible for moving offices, including but not limited to moving furniture, installing furniture, installing systems furniture, installing shelving, and other miscellaneous office related labor tasks.
• Provides services which include disassembly, reconfiguration and assembly of existing modular and systems furniture according to design and plans.
• Identifies existing furniture damage and provides repair services to the extent possible.
• Provides assembly and installation of the following: modular furniture, high-end systems furniture, office chairs, shelving units, casegoods, file and storage cabinets according to technical instructions and specifications.
• Complete special projects and other duties, as assigned.
• Representing the company & team on the job site with our valued customers / clients.
• Must be able to pass a background check and random drug screening.
• Traveling out of town is occasionally required.
• Overtime hours are occasionally required.
• Must be able to pass additional background checks for security clearance (example: working on military bases), as required by customers
• May be required to drive company vehicles, box trucks included (non-CDL license / clean driver’s record required).
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Mechanically inclined / Interest in assembly & building
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Pride in work
• Team Oriented
• Coach-able with a desire to learn
• Success Minded
• Customer Focused
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Ideal applicant will have at least three years of experience that includes reconfiguration involving disassembling and reassembling of systems furniture, and shelving but experience is NOT necessary, we will train the right person.
• Experience and knowledge of all tasks relative to furniture installations and repairs is mandatory.
• Background in moving, construction, carpentry, mechanics, customer service
• $14.00 – $32.00 per hour
• Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Professional development assistance, Other
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
• How many years of Furniture Installation experience do you have?
• When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
• How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
• Why are you interested in this job?
• What is your expected salary range?
Additional Job Details:
• Typical start time: 6AM
• Typical end time: 3PM
• This Company Describes Its Culture as: Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused, Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture, Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes, People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused, Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
• This Job Is: A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply, A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks – learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance), A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education, A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply, Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Schedule: Monday to Friday, Day shift, 8-hour shift