Space Planner – High Density Storage and Industrial Equipment
The Systemcenter is a full-service contract furniture and industrial storage dealership in Hawaii. We are focused on delivering the best product solutions and the highest levels of service to our clients. We are currently looking for an industrial designer to add to our team. The ideal candidate will have previous industrial storage design experience, be highly motivated, detail oriented with ability to work under strict deadlines while managing multiple projects from start to finish.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Consult and work with account managers to determine the scope of the project based on client expectations and deadlines.
- Participate in client and internal project meetings.
- Prepare block and space plans utilizing Configura and finished working drawings for specification and installation; validate plans against construction, electrical engineering and A&D drawing sets.
- Create renderings, elevations (if needed), selection of color, materials, and finishes and present design concepts to account managers and to clients (if required).
- Develop product specifications, plan check specifications against plans, get specifications order-entry ready.
- Finalize and generate all necessary drawings and project documents required for installation.
- Request vendor and installation quotes.
- Conduct field verification and punch list review with field project managers or account managers when applicable.
- Manage changes and revisions and organize drawing files accordingly.
- Inventory existing product; produce as-built drawings/specifications.
- Assume responsibility for overall completion of design and all related tasks for assigned projects.
- Work closely with the sales department, project coordinators, and project managers to ensure every aspect of a project meets customer expectations.
Desired skills and experience:
- Associate Degree in Interior Design, Architectural Drafting or similar preferred.
- 3+ years of storage/industrial equipment dealership experience preferred.
- Configura Design Software proficiency preferred.
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly, and multitask while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism.
- Strong communication skills.
- General understanding of building systems and building codes.
- Strong work ethic and initiative.
- Team player.
- A knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Spacesaver experience is a plus.
For consideration, please send us an email with an attached resume by clicking the button below.
The Systemcenter, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants.