We are looking for an experienced salesperson who is technologically proficient, self-directed, a team player, with strong communication skills, and who is an avid learner.
The Southern California Government Market Salesperson will develop business in the southern California and Arizona territories. The salesperson will work primarily on U.S. military bases. This position will work closely with customers, our internal group support staff, operations department, vendors, and contract partners to oversee all aspects of a project. The salesperson will be responsible for being a product and process expert and will assist the customer with identifying solutions to their space planning needs. The salesperson will also be familiar with the procurement process and will educate customers directly or bring in our contract partners to help educate customers to help them choose a purchasing vehicle. The salesperson will conduct site surveys, measure spaces, and be able to communicate space planning needs and key logistics variables by identifying product solutions that address customer requirements. The salesperson will be required to provide their own transportation and cover U.S. military bases in the Southern California and Arizona territories.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Detail oriented
- Excellent telephone, in-person, and written communication skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work under strict deadlines while working on multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional appearance
- MS Office / computer skills (especially Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Clear driving abstract and background check for U.S. military base access
- Ability to travel to U.S. military bases in the Southern California and Arizona areas
- Familiarity with federal government procurement methods a plus
- Contract Furniture Industry experience a HUGE plus!